Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cross-training....Exercising the teeth


2 blogs in 2 days.....

Ellie and SJ went to the gym with Elizabeth and me this morning. They wanted to come to zumba class but I knew that the 2 together would be too much of a distraction. I told them if they would play in the playroom while I taught my regular class I would let them zumba to a few songs afterwards. Ellie has been to one of my 45 minute classes before and was sure to tell SJ that as soon as they walked into the exercise room. As a matter of fact, she mentioned that between every song. Everything is a competition these days and I think my child may be the worst when it comes to that. Don't get me wrong; I want her to be competitive but too much of anything can be an issue....

So we started out with "Let's get it started" by the Black-eyed peas. They stretched and were really into it. SJ wanted to be right behind me but I wanted to be able to see her in the mirror so I had her move over. Ellie didn't care where she was as long as she could see herself in the mirror. She was as concerned about singing the song as dancing to it. The next song was "single ladies" and I think this was their favorite. I went on to "Apple bottom jeans" and this started to wear them out. Ellie said that her stomach hurt; Liz informed her that she must be doing it right and working her muscles. By the end of the song both of them were tired. As we were about to begin the next song, Ellie said "I think we need to go eat and exercise our teeth". This was by far the best idea since it was almost 11:30 and I didn't really eat breakfast (I slept too late because I stayed up late last night on FB and this blog). It was also the funniest thing because she was serious! She was hungry and she was all about the exercise so she put it together.

The picture is from Halloween last year...the girls were at dance class. Next time we zumba I will record a video to post!

No comments:

Post a Comment